Sunday, April 19, 2015

even after all these years

i remember first grade tea parties and second grade art classes

i remember school getting cancelled for one inch of snow on the ground in 3rd grade because i lived in Virginia

i remember in 4th grade we dropped my sister off in a different state for college and i wondered if i would ever see her again

in fifth grade a girl at the bus stop told me i had ugly teeth and a big nose and now that’s all i see when i look in a mirror

sixth grade was orthodontist appointments and seventh grade was figuring out how to open a locker

i remember being too old to trick or treat in 8th grade, but too young to drive to a halloween party

i remember toms and colored jeans in ninth grade

in tenth grade all my friends had blonde hair so i begged my mom to let me dye mine, and i remember crying in the car on the way home from the salon because i hated it so much

i remember hating junior prom and not getting asked to homecoming at the beginning of senior year



i remember wishing it would all be over


and now it is






5 comments:

  1. "I remember wishing it would all be over and now it is"

    Me too. And this all kind of makes me sad. But in a good, time for change kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in fifth grade a girl at the bus stop told me i had ugly teeth and a big nose and now that’s all i see when i look in a mirror" -this is really really relatable for me.

    "and now it is"

    ---and thank god its over, theres so much more ahead.

    I love this post a lot. The way you ended it is my favorite, I never know how to end a blog post ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that sums it up.

    Great post. It's crazy how fast it all goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crying because college seems so scary right now, but I don't want to stay in high school and this post broke my heart a little. But love you. Lots

    ReplyDelete