Saturday, March 21, 2015

1:29 AM & it still hurts

it’s been four months since that monday
four months since that monday

and i’ve never been a fan of mondays.

but the tears rolling down my face every night make it hard to believe
that it’s been four months since i’ve heard you say my name

it’s still hard to believe that it’s been four months 
because my heart still hurts like it was yesterday
and my hand still feels empty without yours in it.

and every monday 
i still wonder if curfew is the only thing that pulls her away from you each night,
i still wonder if you grab her waist and pull her back one last time
just like you used to when curfew made me leave.

it still hurts like it was yesterday
but i’ll keep telling everyone i’m over you.

i think i forgot the sound of your voice and that hurts more than anything
i keep looking over my shoulder 
because maybe if i turn around enough times 

you’ll be standing there

it will be november again
and i won’t be wondering about her

it will be november
and you’ll grab my hand
like yours was made to fit

because it was.

i’m over you.
i’m over you.

i hope they believe me and i hope someday monday doesn’t hurt so bad

i’m over you


and maybe someday i’ll believe it myself.



13 comments:

  1. This hurt to read. It was so beautiful. Everything about Mondays, empty hands and curfews. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I wonder if curfew is the only thing that pulls her away from you each night." This was such a great line.

    But really ive been sitting here for 7 minutes and i dont know what to say. My heart is breaking for you and love and everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. going to bed and waking up to them. that sounds like love. im sorry it didnt turn out. my heart hurts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much of this was perfect. "i wonder if you hold her hand
    and smile at her because it feels like yours was made to fit
    the way you used to smile at me."
    And the part about curfew, and I'm over you, and it will be November again and the part about forgetting his voice and yeah I think you covered it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so real and honest i can't stop reading it. I feel so much in this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so beautiful. It's hard to find love like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is wonderful. mondays feel bad for me too. some things are just hard to let go of and i think that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A real case of the Mondays. Very real. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to this post so well it's creeping me out. So heartbreaking and ugh yeah this hit me. Thank you thank you thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. ya mondays suck. but you rock. don't forget that you rock. more than any old monday or any old person who reminds you of any old monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry i've sucked at commenting.

    but your blog is my favvvv too:)

    and i just want you to know that this post broke my heart. and that i feel you. mondays have always been a no for me. always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm seriously crying right now. Heart break can eat you alive but sure makes the best art.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so relatable its insane. AMEN avery moon. Thank you for putting feelings I've felt into words. You are amazing, that boy is seriously missing out.

    ReplyDelete